ScienceDay, held every year in early summer, is hosted at the Houston Methodist Research Institute. The 440,00-square-foot high-rise offers the newest technological advances to support our doctors and scientists in bringing cures through all stages of clinical trials, to all patients around the world. It includes lab space for over 90 principal investigators, 20 core facilities for interdisciplinary research, and two Good Manufacturing Practice facilities.
SciDay activities begin in the John. F. Bookout Auditorium on the 2nd floor of the Houston Methodist Research Institute:
Houston Methodist has easy access to five self-parking garages in the Texas Medical Center. Three are managed by Houston Methodist (see below). Find a map and more information here.
Texas Medical Center (TMC) Parking
- TMC Garage 1 (near Neurosensory/Jones Tower and North Tower)
- 6519 Fannin Street
- TMC Garage 7 (new Main and Dunn Towers)
- 1120 John Freeman Boulevard
- TMC Garage 15 in the John P McGovern Commons
- located directly across the street from the Houston Methodist Research Institute
Texas Medical Center Pricing
- 0-1 hours: $5
- 1-2 hours: $8
- 2-4 hours: $10
- 4-24 hours: $13
- Lost Ticket/Smart Chip: $25
Houston Methodist Parking
- Outpatient Center
- 6445 Main Street Houston, TX 77030
- Scurlock Tower
- 6560 Fannin Street, Huston, TX 77070
- Smith Tower
- 6550 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030
Houston Methodist Garage Pricing
- 0-20 minutes: free
- 21 minutes – 3 hours: $7
- 3-4 hours: $9
- 4-5 hours: $11
- 5-24 hours: $13
- Lost ticket: $13
METRORail Public Transit
The METRORail stops at Dryden/TMC, located in front of the Houston Methodist Hospital. Walk through the main hospital building to access the Houston Methodist Research Institute.
Among many attractions, these are located in the Museum District—an easy walk, or 3 METRORail stops, from Houston Methodist Hospital.